The Canadian Rockies Adventure tour takes place along the Columbia Icefields of Jasper and Banff National Park.
The Sunrise at this time of year in the Northern Canadian Rockies happens very late and the beautiful golden light sticks around for a while. Sunsets start early as well. With fresh snow on the Boreal forest and frigid temperatures, comes Winter Wonderland! There's nothing like experiencing the Rockies in the Winter which is when the magic happens. Cold weather changes the landscapes and You just never know what to expect... still open waters, white Mountains, fresh powder & the lovely Winter golden hours.
We will meet up in the town of Banff to get to know each other and we'll catch the Sunset in Minnewanka or Vermillion Lakes, then we'll head up North to Icefield Parkway. We have no itinerary because we simply have to follow the light. We sleep at Lake Louise Inn where there are showers, a hot tub and a pool. About 2-3 hours before every sunrise and sunset, you'll be picked up and then dropped off at Lake Louise Inn. We don't have a specific itinerary simply because we have to chase the light but we will visit every location that you see below. The photos have been taken during my previous tours.
Included: All transportation - Guidance - Post Processing lesson - All commercial park fees (7 Days)
Not Included: Flights to and from Banff - Alcoholic Beverages - Food - Personal Insurance
What you need to bring:
- Warm clothes and layers! gloves, hats, jackets, warm pants, boots (waterproof preferred)
- Your camera gear & tripod with shutter release
- LOTS OF EXTRA BATTERIES! Cold weather drains your batteries in no time :) We recommend at LEAST 3-4 batteries.
Things You must know before booking:
- There are no showers at the hostels we sleep in at times. However, we will drive to Lake Louise for taking showers.
- It's Winter at this time in Canada so IT WILL BE COLD! No worries though, just dress warm :) You know the drill, dress like you're going to Canada in winter and we'll have no problems at all. We don't like to suffer... Nobody does. It's all about the gear!
- Minimum number of participants in a single workshop is 4. If we have cancellations and there's not enough of Us, the trip will be cancelled and You'll receive a full refund.
- Maximum number of people in a single workshop is 8 BUT We will be divided into 2 groups in the field and visit different locations every day. This way, each group has plenty of room to work and find unique compositions.
There's a NON-REFUNDABLE $1000 deposit to secure your spot.
The remaining balance must be paid 90 days prior to trip date and at that point you are confirmed.
You'll only get a refund of 50% minus $1000 if cancelled 60 days or more prior to the trip.
You'll get NO REFUND if cancelled less than 60 days prior to the trip.
Weather plays a big role in Landscape Photography and we have no control over it. Our tours are designed so that we have enough time to catch good light but meanwhile, You must be prepared for "bad" weather. But there will be plenty of opportunities on this trip even on overcast days. And this is why we have an extended length of one week to make sure we have lots of opportunities. You should also know that we don't believe in bad weather and we'll teach You how to make the best of overcast days!
Please request a brochure below or read our terms and conditions before booking!
Included: All transportation - Guidance - Post Processing lesson - All commercial fees (7 Days)
Not Included: Flights to and from Banff - Alcoholic Beverages
Total Price: $3980 USD
Deposit: $1000 USD
PLEASE FILL THE FORM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS... WE ARE FILLING FAST!