The Canadian Rockies Adventure tour takes place along the Columbia Icefields of Jasper and Banff National Park.
The Sunrise at this time of year in the Northern Canadian Rockies happens very late and the beautiful golden light sticks around for a while. Sunsets start early as well. With fresh snow on the Boreal forest and frigid temperatures, comes Winter Wonderland! There's nothing like experiencing the Rockies in the Winter which is when the magic happens. Cold weather changes the landscapes and You just never know what to expect... still open waters, white Mountains, fresh powder & the lovely Winter golden hours.
We will meet up in the town of Banff to get to know each other and we'll catch the Sunset in Minnewanka or Vermillion Lakes, then we'll head up North to Icefield Parkway. We have no itinerary because we simply have to follow the light. We sleep in rustic hostels and dormitory beds and take showers in Lake Louise. This is an adventure tour! We might eat out in the field, or in in our hut's kitchen. This is why we call this an adventure tour... because there's no "plan". We have to make the best of what we have. The goal is to enjoy the trip as much as we can and get that money shot! We take pride in our photographs and this is what we're here for: To show you how great photographs are made... No amazing landscape image was created by sleeping in luxury hotel rooms in the Rockies :) Though, We will be with You every step of the way to guide You and provide You with comfort. After each shoot, We can either stay warm and do some post processing, or keep exploring. It will be up to all of You... We will let you guys decide! Minor hiking is required for this trip and if You can pack your Snowshoes, do it... But the guides will lead the way and pack the snow if necessary and we'll also provide you with Ice Cleats.
What you need to bring:
- Warm clothes and layers! gloves, hats, jackets, warm pants, boots (waterproof preferred)
- Your camera gear & tripod with shutter release
- LOTS OF EXTRA BATTERIES! Cold weather drains your batteries in no time :) We recommend at LEAST 3-4 batteries.
Things You must know before booking:
- There are no showers at the hostels we sleep in at times. However, we will drive to Lake Louise for taking showers.
- It's Winter at this time in Canada so IT WILL BE COLD! No worries though, just dress warm :) You know the drill, dress like you're going to Canada in winter and we'll have no problems at all. We don't like to suffer... Nobody does. It's all about the gear!
- Minimum number of participants in a single workshop is 4. If we have cancellations and there's not enough of Us, the trip will be cancelled and You'll receive a full refund.
- Maximum number of people in a single workshop is 8 BUT We will be divided into 2 groups in the field and visit different locations every day. This way, each group has plenty of room to work and find unique compositions.
There's a NON-REFUNDABLE $500 deposit to secure your spot.
The remaining balance must be paid 90 days prior to trip date and at that point you are confirmed.
You'll only get a refund of 50% minus $500 if cancelled 60 days or more prior to the trip.
You'll get NO REFUND if cancelled less than 60 days prior to the trip.
Weather plays a big role in Landscape Photography and we have no control over it. Our tours are designed so that we have enough time to catch good light but meanwhile, You must be prepared for "bad" weather. But there will be plenty of opportunities on this trip even on overcast days. And this is why we have an extended length of one week to make sure we have lots of opportunities. You should also know that we don't believe in bad weather and we'll teach You how to make the best of overcast days!
Please request a brochure below or read our terms and conditions before booking!
Included: All transportation & Accomodation - Guidance - Post Processing lesson - All commercial fees (7 Days)
Not Included: Food, Flights to and from Banff - Alcoholic Beverages
Total Price: $2980 USD
Deposit: $500 USD
PLEASE FILL THE FORM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS... WE ARE FILLING FAST!